Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Parker Farms Now Offers Beeswax.

What you see above are little wax cupcakes.  I needed a mold to put the wax in for sales, but I needed it small enough in case I didn't have enough wax to fill the mold when I melt it in my solar oven.  So I found these little silicone cupcake mold thingies and they work wonderfully.  I will probably at some point invest in real molds, but for now, these are fun. 

As you can see, different batches of wax come out different colors.  The yellower wax came from moth eaten comb, and the more tan colored stuff came from a solar wax melter that I built back in Oregon, and not moth eaten.  What you see is about 3 lbs. (2 oz. per cake) that I have processed so far, and I have plenty more to do.

At this point, I'm charging $5 per pound.  Tell me what you think.
Sol Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment