Saturday, April 2, 2011

Pictures of Queens!

Here's today's obligatory apiary picture.


Here's a picture of the queen from one hive.


Here's a picture from another hive.


Here's one.



And finally this one.


One wasn't available for comment.
Actually, the problem is that one is pretty large and I couldn't find the queen.  The other four are smaller in comparison and the queen is a bit easier to find.  They are small primarily due to the skunk predation I've been experiencing lately, but I've taken steps to prevent that in the future.  Now I need to get them caught up.  With warm weather for the foreseeable future, this will be easier.  I can Robin Hood frames of brood from the best hive and get the others to critical mass.  I haven't been able to do that lately because the smaller hives couldn't keep the brood warm and it just died.

1 comment: